Our short but sweet "How To Search" video is ready. Search has changed with the new site but once you know how to use it we think you will love it. Let us know, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We pushed some bug fixes to production this evening.
- Some users who use Internet Explorer wouldn't go back to the listing they were looking at in the category view when hitting the back button in the listing details page. (Resolved)
- Multiple primary photo errors. This affected a very small number of listings on the site. (Resolved)
- Some users would come to the site and repeatedly be presented with the location/distance setting option.(Resolved)
- Location distance is now saved in the users profile.
If you have any questions or comments please e-mail us at email@example.com.
With our new upgrade we introduced the "Gallery" view when looking at categories. This has caused some confusion with users who think we completely went away from the "List" view. Well the good news is we have both and you can choose how you want to view the listings. Take a look at this short video we created explaining how to switch between views.
We are almost two days past our recent upgrade. I wanted to update everyone on a couple of issues we are currently seeing. These don't affect all users. We also haven't narrowed down all the Internet browsers and versions that are affected. Our programmers are working around the clock to get these figured out.
The first issue affects some users distance setting. The site will save the setting sometimes and others are prompted to re-enter their distance whenever they are going between pages.
The scond issue is less intrusive. When you are looking at the details of a listing and then hit the back button some users are not taken back to the same spot in the category view. They are instead moved all the way back to the top of the list.
Rest assured our team is working hard to get these fixed. We appreciate your patience. If you have any questions or comments please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Facebook integration! You will be able to tie your Nex-Tech Classifieds account to your Facebook profile. This will allow you to easily share your listings on your timeline.
- We are merging accounts that use the same e-mail address. Over a year ago we stopped allowing multiple accounts per e-mail address to prepare for this process. Users who are affected will be presented with their merge options the first time they log in after the upgrade.
- The category listings view is getting a big makeover. You will now have the option to have a “Gallery” or “List” view. The Gallery view will look exactly like the front page with larger images. The List view is similar to the Category view today except we have removed the necessary mouse over to see an image.
- Better control of the listings you see based on your location. You will now be able to view listings 5, 10, 25, 50, 100 or 250 miles from your set city or the entire country. This single setting will control every view and your search radius.
- Account structure changes. Today we have free Personal or paid Business accounts. We allow businesses to post a single listing for free, but they stay as a personal account in the system. This is confusing and too hard to manage. We will now have Personal (unlimited free), Business (1 free) or Business Pro (unlimited paid). If you are placed in a Business account, you will not be able to post more than a single listing at a time. If you try to post multiples, you will be directed to upgrade to a Business Pro account.